Sunday 16 September 2012

11th September 2012

My first early start of the week saw me at the reserve gates shortly after 7am. The gates aren't opened until 9am so it was a matter of clambering over a low wall, bike and all. This time I took the track along Ses Puntes in the hope that I'd be able to exit the reserve at the end of the track and get back to my hotel that way. Unfortunately, whilst there is a track it has been fenced off with no entry signs.

Several Moustached Warblers flitted amongst the reeds along the Ses Puntes track along with the ubiquitous Cetti's Warbler. Woodchat Shrike, Zitting Cisticola and Whinchat were all picked up along here. On the return journey a Hoopoe posed nicely for me.


In the late afternoon I thought I'd try the saltpans again. B-w Stilt and plovers were still present and further down the track a Great Reed Warbler perched high up on a reed allowing me a couple of distant shots. Unfortunately the light was all wrong and the bird is just in silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment